Need a New Gravel Driveway? We Do it Right!
Gravel driveways and crushed stone driveways can be seen all over the United States! They’re affordable, relatively simple to maintain and are a great alternative to asphalt or concrete. In snowy seasons they can be more difficult to maintain due to regular snow removal but with spring maintenance and solid edges it can last 100 years. The beauty of gravel/crushed stone is that is can be repaired and replenished on an ongoing basis. By contrast, wear and damage to asphalt and concrete driveways is difficult to remedy.
Gravel driveways can be installed in the shortest amount of time with very little impact on the use of your driveway. Gravel driveway installation should be accompanied by meticulous drainage planning and an experienced grader operator to minimize the ongoing maintenance as much as possible. Depending on the size and scope of work involved, the construction of a new crushed stone or gravel driveway can be installed by an experienced contractor generally over a 1 to 3 day period. Crushed stone or gravel driveway installation is relatively simple. Most of the work is done with grading equipment and front end loaders so it can be completed fairly quickly with minimal impact on your daily routine. You can also expect to drive on and use the driveway throughout the construction of of a gravel driveway.
What We Can Do:
- New Drives
- Cobblestone edging
This is our gravel driveway process:
- Inspect for any Drainage Issues
- If your driveway is not properly leveled, drainage is going to become a problem, allowing water to erode and destroy it. You will have nothing but a mud hole as silt, from below, comes up to the gravel. The silt will loosen the gravel pieces, they will lose their friction and start to weaken and separate.
- Compact the Soil
- We do not want to spread gravel on a soft, mushy ground. Soil that has leaves, grass, roots, weeds and other debris will cause a spongy surface that will lead to trouble down the road. We properly prepare the sub-surface that makes the end result better.
- Lay COMMERCIAL GRADE Stabilization Fabric
- This ensures your new gravel driveway lasts. It’s a preventative against potholes and ruts.
- Set Edges
- Lay Crushed Stone
- Compact The Final Product
Contact White Pine Landscaping Today
As a premier landscape construction company in Rhode Island we have the designers and equipment needed to make all your outdoor dreams a reality. Call (401) 710-1353 now or complete this this form and we will reach out shortly to follow up.
- Warwick (cowesett)
- South Kingstown
- North Kingstown
- East Greenwich